Introducing you to a new world of music.

Welcome to All the Cool Parts Podcast!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

ACP #1!!





Welcome to the first show notes of the first All the Cool Parts Podcast! In this inaugural episode, I present you with Paul Galbraith's 2000 recording of the complete Lute Suites of Johann Sebastian Bach.

The basic premise of All the Cool Parts is to introduce recent classical music recordings through some light commentary (with my own feelings and opinions thrown in) with excerpts from the CDs. It's my hope that you'll take what I present as a springboard for your own further discovery of this music. The main reason I decided to start All the Cool Parts is that I felt this genre of music just ins't being promoted enough - not even close. I'm not here as a representative for any record label, or music web site trying to sell CDs. My only goal is to promote classical music. As a result, I'll be presenting a wide array of styles, genres and periods. Some will be on major classical labels, others might be independently released by the artists themselves.

During this weeks show, I use a lot of music terminology that might be foreign to many listeners. In the interest of not having anyone in the dark, I'll post some key words below, with links to more thorough explanations.

Contrupuntal

Fugue

Ornamentation

Lautenwerk

Baroque Dance Suite

Da Capo Form


And of course, I can't forget to link you to the man himself, Paul Galbraith.

Please contact ACP with feedback! Email us at AlltheCoolParts (at) gmail (dot) com.

All the Cool Parts Idol

On this episode, I announced our program, All the Cool Parts Idol. This is a program where I want emerging classical music performers, ensembles and composers to submit recordings. I will listen to these and choose the best ones to present on the podcast. Please email your submissions to AlltheCoolParts (at) gmail (dot) com.

If you would like to download the podcast directly, you can do so at http://www.anthonyjosephlanman.com/acp/acp1.mp3. You can also access the RSS feed at http://www.anthonyjosephlanman.com/acp/feed.xml

No comments: