Introducing you to a new world of music.

Welcome to All the Cool Parts Podcast!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Episode #2 - Requiem by Maurice Durufle

On this episode of All the Cool Parts, I discuss the St. Jacob's Chamber Choir's recording of the Requiem by Maurice Durufle.  This choir is one of the best in the world - it is said by many that Sweden has the best choirs period - and the St. Jacob's Chamber Choir prove it on this recording.  All this plus our first installment of listener email!

Here are links to more explanations of musical terms I used in this episode:

Canon
Imitation
Requiem Mass

Sylvius Leopold Weiss

In our listener email, I answer a few questions sent to us by John A. and Jerry G..  I also reference the following scene, and thought it only fair that I post it in the show notes.



http://www.anthonyjosephlanman.com/acp/acp2edit.mp3

No comments: